There is no use denying the role butter plays in food. All cuisines in the world have a special spot reserved for butter. It is added in the beginning in some, whereas for garnishing in some others. There are many ways to include butter in a dish. What do you think about replacing normal plain butter with CBD infused butter? What if you could easily make it at home?
Before we go further, let’s have a look at what CBD is.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol- which is also called CBD- is a phytocannabinoid present in the hemp plant. Since hemp belongs to the cannabis family, many assume it has psychotic properties. On the contrary, due to very little THC in the plant (lesser than 0.3%), it cannot get anyone stoned. A variety of CBD products are available today in the market including CBD gummies.
How Much CBD Should You Have?
For those who are using CBD for the first time, infuse 0.5 to 1.5 grams of CBD into every teaspoon of butter. Moreover, the benefits of CBD oil is also a long list.
How To Make CBD Butter?
The steps involved in making CBD butter are simple.
The CBD that we have was in its inactive form when extracted. To convert it into the active, useful CBD that we want, we have to decarboxylate it. When the decarboxylation occurs at low temperatures, you are preserving other compounds like terpenes, which are also beneficial.
- Hemp flower
- Butter- unsalted or salted according to your preference
- Decarboxylateparts of hemp by heating it at 240 Fahrenheit in an oven for around 40 minutes by placing a parchment paper on top.
- After decarboxylating the hemp, transfer it to a pan after crushing it and add 1 cup of water and equal amount of butter. The water prevents the butter and hemp from burning.
- Maintain the temperature between 170 and 200 Fahrenheit and heat it for 3 to 4 hours.
- Filter the part of the hemp plant using a cheesecloth and filter. Separate the CBD infused butter.
- Be careful not to overcook and degrade CBD.
You can choose any part of the hemp plant. But hemp flower is commonly used.
The different simple products that can be made using CBD butter are:
- Midday coffee
- Cheese sandwich
- Baked goods
- As topping in many dishes like chicken